Monday, May 2, 2011

I made it!

Well, I am officially a super mom now!  I made it to AZ from TX in 16 hours--with just a few stops.  It's just a little thing, but after being without a car for almost a year and not driving more than once or twice in that time, driving 16 hours straight through feels like quite the accomplishment!  Of course, my wonderful cousin, Mary, was sitting in the passenger seat to help with the kiddos, so I may not have quite the same experience on my way home Wednesday!  lol

Visiting my home town has been bittersweet--I have loved catching up with old friends and spending time with my family.  Watching my kids play with their cousins as if no time had passed was priceless.  Hugging my grandparents--and looking in my Grandma's eyes to reassure her that I truly am Happy!--that's something I have really missed!  I also took some time to visit "my" trees at our old house.  Walking around our forlorn ex-property was a little bit rough--so many memories there.   I love looking out at the mountains and smelling the smells of spring here in AZ, where I have spent pretty much every spring of my life.  It's comfortable here, familiar and safe.  It's going to be hard to leave...

And yet, I can't wait to get back home...to my new home.  To my hubby. To my new friends and my fun new town and my new church family.  Just as driving all by myself gave me a new sense of independence and confidence in my abilities...so has living in Texas so far away from all of the comfort of my childhood--the mountains surrounding me, my family, even knowing that my Dad's grave is close by--given me a sense of who I am.  In this past year, I have been able to really see what my purpose is and get a clearer picture of who I am--and that is a very good thing.  :-)

Karen

blog formatting