Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lifestyle Marketing

One of the reasons that I love SendOutCards, and network marketing in general, so much is that it supports my values.  But, as a mom, sometimes it's hard to stay focused on 'income producing activities' when my kids need me.  Or, let's face it, when my house needs cleaned.  I admit, I'm one of those people who can't focus unless my house is in order--literally!

So, I've found that I LOVE lifestyle marketing.  That just means that everywhere I go, I'm listening with what a friend of mine, and author of Secrets of the SOC Drawer, calls "SendOutCards ears."  I'm listening for needs wherever I go--and trying to meet those needs.

For example, the other day, I walked into Handy Andy late in the evening to hear the two gals talking about how the paycheck just doesn't stretch far enough.  When I went through the check out, I said, "It sounds like you could use some extra money!"  When she affirmed that, I gave her one of the tools I always carry with me.

Today, I was in Target.  The gal who checked me out smilingly offered to trade me places when I said I wouldn't mind staying a little longer--she would go home and get my kids and I could stay at Target and do her job.  I said, "I am so glad that I can work from home."  With a wistful look in her eye, she said, "well, not everyone can do that."  How excited I was to inform her that YES YOU CAN!!!  I left her a copy of my book with my phone number.  I truly hope she calls me!

Opportunities are everywhere, and you don't have to spend a lot of time finding them.  Just be listening for the need, have the tools available, and be willing to respond.  You never know what might happen!

Karen

No comments:

blog formatting