...tonight's gonna be a good, good night! We are on our way to Phoenix to pick up our new vehicle--one that will actually get us to TX without spinning a rod 20 miles out of town. This decision was a difficult one--do we spend the money fixing the other truck, with no guarantee that it will be reliable and delay our move a few more weeks? Do we just rent a uhaul & arrive in TX with no truck? Do we put money down on a new (to us) vehicle that will get us there so Ryan can find work and we can get our lives on track again? Obviously, we went with option #3.
If you're in AZ right now, particularly in our little town of CV, you know how hard things are out here. The only bar in town, the one that's been around for 70+ years, closed a few months ago. That can't be good! Main street is becoming a ghost town as folks who have lived and worked in Camp Verde their entire lives are losing everything. The media may talk about recovery, but at least in CV that recovery is a long way off. In the meantime, good, hard-working people are losing their homes. Or walking away out of frustration--when your house is valued $100,000 under your mortgage and the bank won't work with you because omgoodness you make your payments on time, what else are you to do?
At any rate, we hope that the outlook is brighter for our family "deep in the heart of Texas." Looking forward to actually getting on the road tomorrow!!!